If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best beard conditioner is, then we recommend the ZEUS Beard Conditioner as the best one.
When you walk past a man with a gorgeous and masculine looking beard, it is easy to tell yourself that you can also grow such a beard. Contrary to popular knowledge, getting a beard to look healthy, thick and well maintained takes a lot of work. Some of this work includes using beard products like conditioners.
Since more men have decided to take on the journey of growing a healthy beard, more brands have come forth with incredible beard conditioning products. However, choosing the best product can be challenging. This article is meant to help make the task easier by providing you with tips for choosing the best products.
In this article, we’re going to review the following beard conditioners:
- ZEUS – Beard Conditioner
- Grave Before Shave- Beard Conditioner
- Polished Gentleman – Shampoo & Conditioner SET
- Viking Revolution – Beard Wash & Conditioner SET
- Bossman Fortify – Intense Beard Conditioner
Why Should You Condition Your Beard?
There are several articles on the internet that highlight the importance of hair conditioning. However, there aren’t many articles that talk about beard conditioning. Regardless, there are several questions about the advantages of using beard conditioning products. Below are some of the primary advantages of beard conditioning:
- Softening: Like other hair conditioning products, beard conditioners help to soften the beard. By relaxing the hair, it makes it easier to manage and prevents itchiness. It is, therefore, important to start conditioning the hair from the early stages of growing the beard as it becomes soft as it grows.
- Stimulating growth: Beard conditioners help to stimulate the fast growth of the beard. It, therefore, helps you to achieve a fuller look.
- Itch prevention: One of the common reasons why people give up on growing beards is itchiness. The itchiness also causes other issues like dandruff. Conditioners are effective in relieving the discomfort.
- Detangling: When beards become too thick and long, they may become unruly, tangled, and difficult to manage. The tangles result in breakage and split ends. A conditioner helps to detangle the beard and make the hairs easier to comb through and manage.
- Hydrating: Hydrating your beard by using a conditioner is a step towards maintaining its health.
- Nourishment: There isn’t a better way to nourish your beard than using a beard conditioner. These products contain nutrients that are essential in the growth of the beard.
- Health: A suitable beard conditioning product will help you improve the overall health of your beard. Beard conditioners are packed with ingredients like natural oils with vitamin B, which help promote overall beard health.
What to Look for in a Good Beard Conditioner
There are several beard conditioners in the market. Each of these products differs in quality. Below are some factors to consider when shopping for beard conditioners;
- Texture- The texture of a beard conditioner is one of the most important factors to consider before making a purchase. The texture refers to the thickness, greasiness, and how waxy the product is. This feature affects the ease with which you can apply the conditioner. The texture is influenced by the raw materials used in the conditioner’s manufacture. For instance, shea butter helps to create a spreadable texture.
- Ingredients: It is always wise to consider getting a beard conditioner made from all-natural ingredients. To make sure that this is the case, go through the product ingredients. Beware of brands that do not display the products’ ingredients as it is a clear indication that they have something to hide. Consider the type of ingredients and the role they play in promoting the health of your beard. For instance, jojoba, argan and sweet almond oil are hydrating ingredients.
- Fragrance: Not all beard conditioning products have the same scent. The scent is greatly influenced by the ingredients. Some products have a scent that lasts for an entire day, while others do not. It is important to consider a light scent that is not overwhelming to you and those around you (like a romantic partner).
- Suitability for your skin type: Keep in mind that not all beard conditioning products are suitable for all skin types. For instance, if you have sensitive skin with conditions like acne, consider a product with ingredients that will not impact your skin negatively. Scented beards are also known to cause allergic outbreaks in people with sensitive skin.
Tips for Taking Care of your Beard
- Shampooing: In order for your beard to grow well, you have to constantly use beard shampoo. A bar of soap may seem like a good idea. However, there are special shampoos designed for hair and beards.
- Conditioning: Make sure to condition the beard regularly.
- Trimming: It is a wise idea to trim your beard every couple of months. It helps to get rid of split ends.
- Combing: Combing your beard helps to keep it looking neat and well maintained at all times. Make sure to use a fine-toothed item and comb in the direction of the hair growth.
- Use shave oil: Shaving around your beard will help to keep it looking clean and well maintained. Consider using a product that is made from natural ingredients.
- Use the right tools: Consider using tools specially designed for beards.
- Diet: A healthy diet will help improve the health of your beard. Foods that are rich in Vitamin B complex and biotin are incredible for hair and skin health.
- Sleep: Research shows that getting enough sleep is essential for the health and growth of your skin.
Most people fail at growing beards because of a lack of patience. Growing a beard can be challenging, especially during the first few months. The trick is to fight through challenges like itchiness. Also, make sure to avoid harsh products that may cause more harm than good. You can do this by keenly scrutinizing the ingredients of each product you plan to use on your beard.
If all these instructions and routines do not help the health of your beard, consider seeking professional help. For instance, you can visit a professional barber that will help you trim the beard periodically. Once you have had the beard professionally trimmed, it is easier to proceed with home maintenance measures. A dermatologist will also come in handy if issues like irritation of the skin do not get relieved, despite using the best products.
When taking care of your beard, using the right tools is a wise idea. Avoid trimming your hair using scissors. The reason is that scissors will not help you achieve an even and clean trim. The best trimming product would be a professional trimmer with adjustable trimming guides. This product will help you avoid trimming mistakes. A pair of clippers may also come in handy. The clippers help to make trimming easier. Another essential is a mirror. A wall-mounted mirror with a telescoping arm will help make the task easier.
The Top 5 Best Beard Conditioners
This is one of the best beard conditioning products on the market. One of the main reasons for the popularity of the product is the fact that it is made entirely from natural products. It is an incredible moisturizer that is formulated for both the beard and moisturizer. The moisturizing ingredients in this conditioner include aloe vera and dragon’s blood. The product is also a perfect softener due to ingredients like jojoba seed oil and avocado oil. This conditioner is also ideal for medium to long beard, and it helps to relieve itchiness, dandruff and hair breakage.
- It is packed with natural moisturisers like aloe vera.
- It is packed with avocado and jojoba seed oil that helps to soften the beard.
- It is made using all-natural ingredients.
- It relieves itchiness.
- It hydrates the beard and the skin around it.
- It has a sweet fragrance.
- Some users complain of its scent.
This is the perfect beard conditioner for unruly hair. It features a gentle formula that cleans, hydrates and moisturizes the beard and skin. It also features a fresh and masculine scent that lasts for up to twelve hours. The product helps to reduce issues of itchiness and beard dandruff while transforming your beard from dry and frizzy to soft and shiny. The beard conditioner comes in a texture that is the perfect amount of smooth, waxy, and greasy. Also, it is perfect for all skin types and is made from friendly ingredients.
- It is great for all skin types.
- It moisturises and conditions the hair at the same time.
- It helps to reduce itchiness and dandruff.
- It cleans the beard and eliminates tangles.
- Some consumers complain that the scent is too strong.
This beard conditioner is made with the best natural beard oils. It contains ingredients like biotin, eucalyptus, argan, rosemary and tea tree oil that are all beneficial to the health of the beard and skin. The product helps improve shine, thickness, and growth. It is packed with necessary vitamins that boost the moisture content of the beard. It also works by relieving dryness, itchiness, dandruff, and other conditions like seborrheic dermatitis. It, therefore, helps to reduce hair loss and dry scalp. It is also packed with fatty acids, linoleic acids, and antioxidants that are beneficial to the general health of the beard and the skin.
- It is packed with natural oils that are beneficial to the general health of the beard.
- It helps to reduce hair loss.
- It works as a moisturiser and conditioner.
- It hydrates the beard and the skin.
- It is packed with natural oils that stimulate the growth of the beard.
- It also cleans the beard.
- Compared to other products of its kind, it is expensive.
- It doesn’t work as well for beards that are not tight.
This beard conditioner is formulated to assist in healthy beard growth. It works as both a beard shampoo and conditioner as it helps to shine, soften, and clean the beard. This beard conditioner also helps to relieve issues like beard dandruff, itchiness, and irritation of the skin and beard. It is a natural beard oil that helps with deep moisturization, growth, conditioning and maintenance of unruly beard. The product lathers up impeccably for perfect cleaning and nourishing. It comes with perfectly spelled out instructions on how to use the product.
- It is packed with natural beard oil that helps with beard maintenance.
- It helps relieve issues like itchiness, beard and skin irritation.
- It lathers easily as it works like shampoo as well as a conditioner.
- It softens and shines the beard.
- It helps to prevent split ends and breakage.
- The cleaning feature is poorly developed.
This beard moisturizer is made from chosen natural oils that help to moisturize the beard. It is also packed with products that stimulate facial hair follicles and pores, hence promoting faster hair growth and thickness. This beard conditioner contains moisturizers and natural oils that work from the source of the beard hence creating a fuller and more mature looking facial hair. Some of the powerful active ingredients found in this product include lemon, bergamot, lavender and saffron spice which gives a clean and invigorating effect. It features a gold scent that is masculine in nature.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- It features a strong scent from products like cedar, spruce and sandalwood.
- It helps to promote hair growth.
- It contains natural oils that help promote the overall growth of the beard
- It is made for all types of skin.
- It is costly.
The products reviewed in this post are, in my opinion, the best beard conditioners on the market today. Following the research I have done, I have found ZEUS Beard Conditioner to be the best beard conditioner overall.
This conditioner is cost-efficient, it works as a conditioner and a moisturizer, and it can also be used as a shampoo. The product also reduces irritation, itchiness, and dandruff in the beard.